This policy relates to our privacy practices in connection with the website www.coolplanetexperience.org.
This statement is to inform you about how we treat your personal information &to explain in particular how your personal information is processed when you use our website. As a result, you will be able to provide consent to the processing of your personal information in a free and informed way in the sections of the website in which you are asked to provide personal information. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
The Cool Planet Experience and consequently this website is operated by the Centre for Climate Change with its registered office in Powerscourt House, Enniskerry, Wicklow, Ireland a company incorporated ®istered in Ireland with a company registration no of 566006 &charity no 20105235. You can contact us at this address or by using any of the contact information provided at the end of this statement.
We fully respect your right to privacy, and will not collect personal information about you on this website without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated with high standards of security &confidentiality, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This requires that the personal information we hold about you must be:
a) used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
b) collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
c) relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
d) accurate and kept up to date;
e) kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
f) kept securely.
Our website offers general information on our services &access to certain reports for registered users of our service. The terms governing the general use of our website are are set out in our Terms &Conditions. By using this website you are deemed to fully accept this Privacy Statement, our cookies policy &our website Terms &Conditions.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect &process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information you provide to the Carbon Footprint Calculator &Pledge during your visit to the Cool Planet Experience & information you provide to our Cool Planet Experience mobile carbon footprint calculator (such as your name, username (which you create), valid email address,carbon footprint, game scores &pledge) and when subscribing to our newsletter. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our website.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
3. Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to. Traffic data, weblogs and other communication and the resources that you access.
4. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating systems & browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsers actions and patterns and does not personally identify any individual.
Why do we need your data?
We may need the above data so that you can get the most out of your Cool Planet Experience.
- We do not collect this information without your permission
- We store this personal information carefully and in & in full compliance with GDPR
How do we use your information?
If you volunteer your details to us, we may use the details you have given us, together with details of how you use of website as follows:
1. To respond to your queries & requests
2. To manage & improve our services and the website
3. To allow you access to certain features of your account with us if you have visited the Cool Planet Experience & logged your information using the Carbon Footprint Calculator
4. To notify you of changes to our services, the website, our privacy statement and/or any of our other published notices & terms & conditions
6. If applicable, to facilitate your participation in surveys you may wish to partake
7. To understand statistical data about user browsing actions & patterns which does not personally identify you
8. To understand statistical data about Irish Carbon Footprints & attitudes to climate change which does not personally identify you
9. However, we do not use your personal data for targeted advertising or behavioral advertising.
Where do we store your personal data?
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities which we own & operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Retention of your personal data
We retain your personal data for so long as is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it was collected or lawfully further processed, or for so long as it might be necessary in light of our legal obligations.
Disclosure of your information
In certain circumstances, Cool Planet engages organisations to process personal data on its behalf. A formal, written contract is in place with each such organisation which outlines the their obligations in relation to the personal data, the specific purpose or purposes for which they are engaged, and the understanding that they will process the data in compliance with the GDPR.
Newsletters and Updates
Safety & Accuracy
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us electronically, and any transmission is at your own risk. We store information you provide to us on secure servers and deploy appropriate technical and organisational security measures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data to try to prevent unauthorized access or loss.
Requests regarding data supplied via this website
On request, we supply copies of your personal data which you may have supplied via this website. If you wish to obtain such copies, you must write to us at our mailing address provided below, or e-mail us at email@example.com. You should include any personal identifiers which you supplied earlier via the website (eg username, email add &date of birth). We will also require your full name & residential address in the circumstances.
If you discover that we hold in accurate information about you, you can request us to correct that information. Such a request must be in writing &sent to us at our mailing address provided below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In certain circumstances you may also request that data which you have supplied via the website to be deleted.
Cookies and use of technical information
You have rights under the GDPR.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to access the information held about you, and to request that we update, correct or delete any inaccuracies in your personal data. You may also request that we cease processing that is causing your harm.
Your rights can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Any access request may be subject to a statuary fee to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.
Mailing Address: Cool Planet Experience, Powerscourt House, Enniskerry, Wickow.
Changes to this Policy
This policy was last modified 22nd May 2018